Maintenance Facility Careers
AYR Motor Express is one of the largest private trucking companies in Atlantic Canada. We have a fleet made up of over 240 transport trucks, a mix of International and Freightliner brands, and over 850 trailers. We own and operate new equipment to ensure we can continue to meet the expectations of our customers. In addition to having reliable trucks we also own and operate Keenan Truck Repair Inc., which is an impressive 18 bay, modern, maintenance facility based in Woodstock NB that ensures we have the best maintenance program available to our fleet.
Keenan Truck Repair currently employs over 30 Mechanics and Apprentices. As we continue to grow, we are recruiting for licensed, experienced or apprentice Truck & Transport Mechanics to join our team.
In addition to Mechanics we have a full support network consisting of Shop Foremen, parts people and facility cleaners.
Below are the current career opportunities available. For more information or to apply, please follow the link provided.
We are currently seeking an experienced Truck & Transport Mechanic, licensed or apprentice, in our Woodstock NB shop. In this position the incumbent will inspect, diagnose, repair, and service the components of commercial transport vehicles as well as provide guidance to the apprentices on shift.
Our Mechanics work set schedules with NO on-call required.
Education or Employment Requirements:
- Completion of a four-year truck and transport mechanic; or Red Seal Journeyman License; or registered in recognized truck-trailer repair apprenticeship block program; or more than 4 years of experience in the industry.
- Physical abilities include heavy lifting, tight spaces, and other strenuous activities.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and communicate well with coworkers, drivers, and management.
- Free work clothing with laundry service
- Annual work boot allowance
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$28.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- truck mechanic: 4 years (required)
- Truck & Transport Mechanics License (preferred)