COVID 19 - Updates in Transportation
It is important that during this outbreak of COVID 19 (Cornavirus) we remain calm and clear headed. As more news and information is availabe we will be updating our page. At this time, March 16, 2020, as per the Department of Health, Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) and US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) the movement of goods is considered essential and carriers will continue to be granted passage between countries.
Announced Monday, March 16, 2020 - Canadian borders have been closed to foreign travellers. Canadians citizens, permanent residents and US citizens are still able to cross. We have spoke with the Canadian Border Service Agency regarding our Driver's holding work permits. As our services are considered essential, they will be permitted to continue to travel through the border.
As more information becomes available, we will update.
Please visit this link for the full Memo regarding long haul trucking and the borders that was issued on March 15, 2020.
- self-distancing - 2 meters between individuals
- increase cleaning with disinfecting agents in trucks
- ensure you have a sustainable food supply to enable self isolation on your trip
- use alcohol-based hand sanitizer after fueling or being in a public establishment
- self declare to 811 and Dispatch if you exhibit symptoms (fever, dry cough)